Greek spinach pate
Created by Farori
This Greek spinach pie with spicy feta will delight your guests. A wonderful recipe for a starter or snack.
Ingredients for 6 servings
|500||G||Spinach leaves (fresh)|
|4th||Pc||clove of garlic|
Serving Calculate Shopping List
90 min. Total time
45 min. Preparation time
45 min. cooking time
Level of difficulty
- Baking recipes
- greek recipes
- Party recipes
- Snacks recipes
- Spinach recipes
- Secret recipes
- Peel garlic and chop finely. Sort the spinach, wash, drain well and cut into 1 cm wide strips. Wash and dice cocktail tomatoes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan. Sear the garlic until translucent, then add the spinach and cocktail tomatoes and roast while turning. Fold in tomato paste, toast briefly, then deglaze with white wine. Salt lightly and fold in the spinach.
- Stir in oregano, thyme and rosemary and simmer gently for 15 minutes, until the spinach is soft and the cocktail tomatoes are braised. The liquid should be evaporated if possible.
- Now drain the spinach vegetables in a colander and let them cool. Crumble the feta and fold into the spinach. Season with sugar and, if necessary, salt again. Brush a baking dish with a little oil.
- Now layer half of the filo pastry sheets in the baking dish, always brushing with olive oil in between. Spread the spinach mixture on the filo pastry sheets. Cover with the remaining filo pastry sheets, again brushing with oil between the individual layers.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° top / bottom heat for 30 minutes until golden yellow. Cover with aluminum foil if the pie turns too brown.