Classic Christmas soup
Everyone will be amazed at this classic Christmas soup. Carrots with vanilla are the ingredients. It is served with toast stars.
Ingredients for 4 servings
|700||ml||Soup broth (instant or meat broth)|
Ingredients for the soup
Serving Calculate Shopping List
35 min. Total time
30 min. Preparation time
5 min. cooking time
Level of difficulty
- Vegetable recipes
- Christmas recipes
- Easy recipes
- For the classic Christmas soup, peel the carrots and slice them into coarse pens. Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the carrot sticks in it. Deglaze with sherry.
- Slice open the vanilla pod with a sharp knife, scrape out the pulp. Add the empty pod to the carrots. Pour in the soup stock, add salt and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- For the soup: Preheat the oven to 150 ° C. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Use a cookie cutter to cut out 8 stars from the toast slices. Place these on the baking sheet and bake until golden in about 8 minutes.
- Remove the pod from the vegetables, puree the rest, then season the soup with the vanilla pulp, chili powder and a pinch of sugar. Add half of the cream to the soup and bring to the boil briefly.
- Beat the other half of the cream until stiff. Divide the soup on 4 plates with saucers and put a dollop of cream in the middle. Place 2 toast stars on each of the saucers or in the soup.
Tips on the recipe
If you put the toast stars in the soup, serve immediately!