Prepare ice cream yourself
Do you love ice cream? Then you are exactly right here! We show you how to make ice cream yourself in an uncomplicated way. Do you love classic varieties such as strawberry ice cream, vanilla ice cream or chocolate ice cream? No problem! Making ice cream is easier than you think!
Eggs, milk, cream and fruit are the most important ingredients for a delicious fruit ice cream. (Photo by: photodesign / depositphotos.com)
Ice, ice, ice
But even extraordinary tastes are not neglected when making your own ice cream ! Whether orange ice cream, avocado ice cream or pistachio - everything is possible! Making ice cream yourself is not only fun, it is more healthy to eat than conventional ice cream from the supermarket.
The homemade ice cream does not contain any artificial additives, but consists only of natural ingredients. If you can prepare ice cream correctly, it doesn't matter which type you want to make.
We'll show you how to make ice cream yourself in no time!
If you want to prepare ice cream, you can make it either with or without an ice machine.
Basically you need the following basic ingredients to make ice cream yourself:
- Liquids such as (whipped cream, sour cream, kefir, crème fraiche, …)
- Milk (cow's milk, almond milk, soy milk, …)
- Sugar (honey, caramel, syrup)
- Eggs (serve as emulsifiers that connect water and fat)
- possibly flavors (cinnamon, vanilla, …)
- Fruits of your choice
Tip: 1 egg can also be replaced by 1 teaspoon of flour.
The amount of ingredients depends on the amount produced.
Tip: If you value a very healthy variant, you can use almond milk instead of conventional milk. Sugar should also be replaced by honey, for example. Schalgobers can be replaced by fat-free natural yoghurt.
Ice cream without an ice machine - no problem!
- If you don't have an ice cream maker, you can put the unfrozen ice cream in the desired container and put it in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes.
- Then you should stir the mixture well with a wooden spoon or whisk and then put it back in the freezer.
- This process should be repeated 2-3 more times until a creamy, fluffy ice cream has formed.
Make your own ice cream: vanilla ice cream
- 6 egg yolks
- Vanilla bean
- 250 ml whipped cream
- 125 g of sugar
- 250 ml milk
- First, cut the vanilla pod lengthways. Then the pulp is scraped out and placed in a saucepan with the milk, the pod and the cream. When the mixture starts to boil, stir. The pot must then be removed from the heart and the pod removed. Let cool briefly!
- Now the egg yolk is beaten until creamy with the sugar. Then the liquid is also added to the cream-milk mixture in the pot. Simmer over low heat until the mixture thickens.
- The mass can then be poured into a bowl (preferably a metal bowl) until it has cooled to room temperature. If this is the case, cover with cling film and put in the fridge until the mass is firm. However, it is important to stir every 30 minutes so that no ice crystals can form.
Tip: You can also replace the vanilla bean with cocoa, cinnamon or coffee.
Fruit ice cream (without egg)
- 300 g fruit
- 125 g icing sugar
- 250 ml whipped cream
- 250 ml whole milk
- Wash the fruits and cut them into small pieces - if you use frozen fruits, let them thaw.
- Then puree the fruits finely - preferably with a hand blender - and stir well with the remaining ingredients.
- Then it's off to the ice cream maker or directly to the freezer.
There are, of course, no limits to the imagination of fruits:
- and many more.
Tip: The fruits can also be replaced as normal with (finely ground) nuts or pistachios.
You can also pour extraordinary spices and ingredients into the ice, such as:
- and many more.
Our recipe recommendations:
- Homemade mango ice cream
- Apple ice cream
- Peanut ice cream
- Raspberry ice cream from the ice machine
- cinnamon icecream
- Blackberry ice cream
- more ice cream recipes
In order to enjoy homemade delicious ice cream to the fullest, it is worth buying some "helpers" who can do some work for you:
- These include household appliances such as ice cream scoops, ice cream spatulas, piping bags and a food storage container.
- If you want to feast your ice cream in a bag, it is worth buying a croissant machine. Delicious bags can be easily made in it.
- If you want to make your ice cream work easier, you can get an ice machine .